3-2-1, can I do 3 in smoker rest in oven?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crvtt

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Was planning on doing St. Louis ribs for Easter but now they are calling for rain all day. Do you think I could smoke them for 3 hours tonight, refrigerate overnight, then do the 2-1 part in the oven tomorrow?

I've never tried it but don't see why you couldn't as long as you go straight to the fridge.

The 2-1 part might take a little longer because the meat is refrigerated...you might want to bring them to room temp before you start.

Personally, I would just erect some type of shelter and just brave the elements.  If you have a garage and a fan to draw out the smoke that would be a way to go, or put the smoker on a covered porch like I do..

Good luck,

Bill

I'd be a bit concerned on having hit the proper IT. I'd do the whole smoke then reheat Sunday. Better to be safe than sick. All this talk about no smoking in the rain and snow cracks me up! Here in the Pacific Northwest we'd never get to smoke!!!

I'd be a bit concerned on having hit the proper IT. I'd do the whole smoke then reheat Sunday. Better to be safe than sick. All this talk about no smoking in the rain and snow cracks me up! Here in the Pacific Northwest we'd never get to smoke!!!
yeahthat.gif
  What he said.  But I smoke in all weathers too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky