2nd Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

potatoc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Durham, NC
Loved the first time so I am trying it again... Doing a 4.7lb pork shoulder tomorrow... Just got it rubbed and in the fridge.. Can't wait....
2ndPulledPork.jpg

3 hours in... Jerky is ready to come off.. Adding a turkey breast.. Pork is looking good and temp is rising.. Waitin for 165 to wrap er...
2ndPulledPork2.jpg

7 hrs in now... Been stuck at 156 for over an hour now... Been very very windy here today.. Not a good smoking day in my neck of the woods...

I'm doing my first pulled pork today also. Man, mines been at 160 deg for 3 years now, I don't think it will ever get to 165 so I can wrap it. Put it in at 7:45 a.m., its now 3:25.

BTW I did my first fatty today and man that might be the best thing in the history of the world.

fast.......how big is the butt.............mine, at 6 lbs.....took 9.5 hours....

i figure 1.6 hours/lb....with 30-60 minutes rest..........

d8de

It was in a Sam's club two pack with a total of 15# so i guess this one is about 7 1/2#. Ive had my smoker at 225 all day, do you think I should turn it up. BTW it's kinda windy here today so that might have something to do with it.

Want to race! (haha)

I'm about to the point of finding something else to put on just so I can watch a thermometer rise.

WIND, not cold is a BIG culprit in smoking anything...........you need to build a wind break..........summin temp. couple sheets of 1/4 inch 4x8 plywood werks great............

i also do my butts at 250........but thats me.........but i suspect the wind is your biggest prob.

d8de

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky