2nd Annual North Carolina Smokers Gathering April 26th, 27th and 28th 2013 (Now with lots of pix)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I will not be able to make it after all.   Our son was involved in a major accident about a week and half ago.  He is in Wake Forest Baptist with major head trauma.   Short of a miracle from God, he is not expected to live.
Wes, I am truly sorry to hear this. I don't pray much, but I will tonight.

I will not be able to make it after all.   Our son was involved in a major accident about a week and half ago.  He is in Wake Forest Baptist with major head trauma.   Short of a miracle from God, he is not expected to live.

Didn't mean to get the gathering off topic.   I do have a request though.   Please keep us in your prayers.   Our son will be laid to rest on Monday. 

He was 23yrs old  Marine Corp. Vet.   Through Gods grace, we will get through this.  

Please stay on topic,  I just wanted to say Thank You for your support.

Last edited:
my heart just sank when I read Wes's post... Wes.. please know that we are all praying for you and family... sooooo sorry not just for your loss but our country's loss of a fine serviceman... we thank him for all his services...

Wes- Praying for you and your family. Terrible tragedy for someone so young to pass on like that. For the young Marine: Semper Fi.....

Scott-

My wife are seriously considering coming over for a couple of days. Sounds like fun and great chow.

Gil

From my family to yours we send our prayers of comfort and wanted to share this prayer that has been shared with us - 

"May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. May the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, May the Lord hold you in the palm of His hand."

Wes, your son must have been a true treasure to his parents as well as our country. We're sorry for your loss.

Bill & Terrie

Last edited:
How mush does it cost if you don't bring anything to cook and just eat and fellow ship.............. Thanks Jimmy
Looks-Great.gif

Even though I haven't been a member that long and recognize you by your avatar, I just want to say that I'm very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

My prayers go out to you and the people that I am sure his life touched. May the Lord cradle you and bring comfort to you and your family. 

Many thanks to everyone.   Please stay on topic.   I will get back into the forum in a week or so.  We are taking it one day at a time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky