#25 English Bangers, Hungarian Kielbasas, and Andouille w/qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

got14u

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2008
WYOMING
Well I figured I would post up what me and the kids did today. No real cookin but a lot of stuffin. We used the andouille recipe from Rytek's book with some twists to it, also did some English Bangers from the book pretty much to the letter. Last but not least I had gotten a recipe for Hungarian paprika sausage from andy so I figured I needed to try it. All tasted great after the pan fry test and so everything got stuffed. Here are some pics of the process.
some of the ingredients for the Bangers

the meat getting the knife treatment. We had some deer left and some fat from making SS so I used that as well as pork butts

flyin through the grinder

here's the color of the Hungarian kielbasa

all stuffed up

andouille in the hopper and casings

Bangers all done up.

Thanks for lookin

Ya'll have been busy and it all looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks everyone..this is the first for the bangers and home made andouille. Great taste on both I would use a little less thyme on the andouille next time. But i personally don't like much at all. The hungarian from andy was great I did add one teaspoon of allspice to it.

Man those look awesome and I like the audouille the best but doesn
t have some white wine into?? If so I made some chorizo and it had some wine into to and it gave the sausage a funky taste so I was wondering if that audouille had any wine in it too. But I think your sausage looks great
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks for the points guys...Mballi this andouille doesn't call for any wine. I don't think I would want any in it either...Next time you do chorizo throw some apple cider vinigar in it in-stead of the wine or use a red wine...I love it that way

All great looking sausage there. Have you tried the bangers yet. The recipe sounds much like our standard breakfast sausage.

Man, you got some excellent looking sausages there! I shake my head at the tastiness you all with meat-grinders create....way to go!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

thanks guys...Rivet I can't believe you don't have one yet...Your gonna need to just make some and have your butcher grind up some pork butt for ya...Then you can experiment...lol

Mule: I tried the bangers when I fry tested them...boy are they good.I did go VERY light on the sage tho. I had never had them before. I think tomorrow after they rest I am going to fry some up for breakfast.

Thanks chev since the hungarian is your recipe you get the credit...GREAT recipe
Honestly I couldn't remember who I got it from well atleast you user name. It had been quit awhile ago I got it from you. I wish I hadn't waited so long to try it

He hasn't been around since 10-21-2012...not sure what he's been up to lately. bb53chevpro hasn't been on since 12-26-2010. Don't know what to tell you...might have to nose around a bit and see if those recipes comes up.

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky