2019 Fowlerville Fattie Contest & Rib Throwdown

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 11, 2013
Well I haven’t been around in a while but I heard some people were asking about this years event so here goes.

Last year we kept the event smaller and this year were more or less doing the same. If you’ve been to any of the previous fattie contests your welcome to come back this year.

If your new to this, from Michigan, and are interested in attending shoot me a pm. I can give you the info you need.

5F2A7B85-38CF-4746-9F81-263042A4B52B.jpeg

We are capping the fattie entrees to 25 this year.

Everyone entering must have the fatties to the event by 11am and we will get them on the smoker.

We will provide turn in boxes but your must supply your garnish.

6D67EA90-A272-4035-A232-E9A4093075C8.jpeg

We are adding to this years event with a rib Throwdown.

We are capping the entrees at 12 for this event and I’m pretty sure we’re already full for this one.

As in previous years FPP has graciously donated a half hog to the winner of the fattie contest. They’ve also agreed to donate a half hog to the winner of the rib Throwdown. This is greatly appreciated and honestly we couldn’t do this without all the help and sponsorship they provide.

If your in the area I can’t stress enough how great the hogs they raise are. Dairy fed hogs! Regular grain fed hog just don’t compare.

Please note: if you win a half hog in either event you have to pay the processing bill.

We also have a new sponsor this year in Inkbird. They’ve donated a few thermos for prizes as well. We are very appreciative of this. And dealing with Skye has been a great experience.

I’ve contacted a ton of companies about donating this year and honestly I’ve been mostly ignored. Not many responses. It gets harder every year so we are very grateful for our sponsors. If anyone knows of any company that would like to donate shoot me a pm.

That’s about all I have for now.

@handymanstan @chocdog jokensmoken jokensmoken @robbq @anglerman TomKnollRFV TomKnollRFV @kingfishcam

Good to see you back around man. Wish I was closer to Michigan. Looks like a great time from your pics the last couple years!

Vol the drive ain’t that bad. Throw a tent in your trunk, turn them keys in that ignition and you’ll be here Friday after work. Your welcome to camp out all weekend long.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Man you guys are killing me. 8 hours aint that bad but doubt ill be able to pull it off. Ill have to sit back with some cold brews maybe a bottle of bourbon and live vicariously through your pictures.

Man you guys are killing me. 8 hours aint that bad but doubt ill be able to pull it off. Ill have to sit back with some cold brews maybe a bottle of bourbon and live vicariously through your pictures.

Or..if you come to MI..we'll share cold brews and some bourbon....and mead..

Looking forward to it once again.
I'll be there for the duration.
Looking for a little earlier arrival time this year...Friday for sure, I'm just hoping to make it a bit earlier in the evening...
Walt.

And Vol; the part of MI Scott lives in is BEAUTIFUL in September. Last year it was 50's and 60's, no darn mosquitos about! He's a got a nice yard and wonderful pups.

I'll be there Scott! :)
Looking forward to seeing you and your dad again this year...I had a great time chatting last year with you guys...I'm hoping to find time to make a batch of mustard sauce to bring out for you guys to try.
And I've got the KILLER FATTY recipe going...
Cant wait
Walt

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
Looking forward to seeing you and your dad again this year...I had a great time chatting last year with you guys...I'm hoping to find time to make a batch of mustard sauce to bring out for you guys to try.
And I've got the KILLER FATTY recipe going...
Cant wait
Walt

Uh oh...gonna top the apple one every one kept mentioning? ;)

I'll bring what is expected.. the cheese curds.. ROFL.

I might bring a curry fatty along. I'm not gonna enter it though as I'm not sure how it'll hold up, nor cook on the big rig. But I figured you'd like it since you like Jimbalaya!

Let me know on that jerky pistol, I can snag one up for you before we come out if you cant' find one locally.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky