20 lbs of butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irishteabear

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 22, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Smoking two 10lb butts today. It was 17 F out with a wind chill factor of -2 when I started the coals this morning at 6am. Winds are anywhere from 25 - 35 mph. Good thing the Bandera is heavy, wouldn't want to have to be chasing the smoker around. Brrrr Nellie!
eek.gif
Even with gloves on my fingers were hurting by the time I got back inside.

Butts were rubbed and injected with ShooterRick's SBC. Will be smoking at 250 (hopefully) with a mix of white oak and cherry.

Good Luck with those monsters Dawn, We're getting the same weather but with a ton of lake effect.
I'm looking forward to the finished Q-view

They look great Dawn - good luck with the weather

She's holding temps great, hardly any issues at all. Biggest problem is me not paying too much attention to the temp, lol.

that is way too cold to be outside

your title intro was funny, sounds like a rap song title

Put a pan of Dutch's beans in a little while ago and used my green thermapen to check the temp of the butts. They were both at 152.

Love the color on these!

Wow that looks great - Glad you are finally getting warm again

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky