20 Clove Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bud lite

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 20, 2008
Joplin, Mo
Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Winter, Nor Dark Of Night shall keep me from cookin' with my Dutch Oven.

Parchment paper and onion slices in 10" Dutch Oven.

e522fd71_Garlic_Roast001.jpg

Marinade and 20 garlic cloves.

a8cb4d95_Garlic_Roast002.jpg

2 Lb Round Roast has been marinaded for 2 hours.

d14cc45a_Garlic_Roast003.jpg

Wine and beef broth.

dbb87cab_Garlic_Roast004.jpg

Pre-warm Dutch Oven lid.

62784b79_Garlic_Roast005.jpg

Dutch Oven in the fireplace.

7e1298fd_Garlic_Roast006.jpg

7 Sam's Choice briquettes below and 14 above for a 10" oven.  Now we're cookin'.

9332b545_Garlic_Roast007.jpg

3 hours later....it's done. With carrots and celery.

b0c923d2_Garlic_Roast008.jpg

Sliced and ready to eat.

204fdd5a_Garlic_Roast009.jpg

Tender.  Fallin' apart good.  Gravy made from the broth.

Recipe from Sunny Anderson on Food Network.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/20-clove-brisket-recipe/index.html 

Looking good for sure - man I could go for a plate of that right now

Thats a great idea in the fireplace.i recived a dutch oven for xmas and i am itchin to use it..never thought of the fireplace..lol

I do the garlic thing in my DO but use chicken for the meat.  The only time I use parchment paper in a DO is when I'm doing breads or cakes. Thought it was interesting that you'd use it when cooking with a liquid.

Nice looking roast!

Great looking Roast.  I'll take an order of it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky