2 Pigs In A Blanket How Did I Do That? W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
Well, I bought 2 pork tender loins 1 1/2 pounds a piece last week. I wanted to try and use some netting to smoke them together. I had a hard time fitting one in let alone two. So, I had a brainstorm.
icon_idea.gif
What if I put them in with the wrapper on, trim the end of the packaging off and slide out of the bags? Would that work?

After a little fight I got them both in.

Then I squeezed them out of the bag one at a time.

Perfect. Briliant if I say so myself. I thought about it for a few days and it worked.

Youshida's, garlic, and lemon pepper.

These are my first pork tenderloins.

More to come.

Sounds like you were a man with a plan! Good job. With your restaurant experience I'm surprised this is your first tender loin.

Wow Ron, nice thinking putting them both in and THEN removing the wrapping. After you got them both in there you can hardly even tell there are two they are so snug together.

Now that was a great idea for sure putting them in the package then unwrapping them. So I going to be awaiting the smoking Qview that I always know is coming.

I got a PM asking why I wanted to put two together and I should have clarified that. I like my pork on the med rare side and didn't want to dry them out as they are small, plus get more time for more smoke.

I hope this clarifies that.

Thanks for asking.

Where do you guys get the netting? Do I have to go to a local butcher or is it possibly somewhere obscure at wally world? I have honestly never seen it. I don't have a Cabela's within 3 hours of me either, so online possibly? Where's the best place?

I got mine from a local butcher at Krogers.

Thats the same type netting that we used to hang our hams in the smokehouse. That stuff streaches like crazy and will hold a fair amount of weight.

Now Ron-quite being a tease and show us the q-view!!

This is the first one smoked.

Camera is on charge, will post later.Sorry for the tease Dutch. They turned out great, Carol just made a sammie and it looks delicious and she said it real tender.

Here are the finished pics, enjoy.

I did a sweet potato also.

Small end.

Large end, juicy.

This was the best I have ever had. Planed on just a taste, ate a whole half, and it was a big one.

Carol's lunch today.

She said it was good and juicy.

That's it, thanks for watching.

wouldn't butcher twine wrapped around like a candy-cane swirl do the net effect same thing if you wanted to put two of them side by side, yes, I like mine rare or medium rare and tender too!

Sorry, I just don't get what the netting does for you or the meat.

low and slow baby, those tenderloins are delicous. whether single or double stuffed like two people in one sleeping bag.........
icon_eek.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky