2 lb chuck roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

np482

Original poster
Oct 30, 2019
Hey everyone, newer to smoking, I've gotten pretty good at pork but haven't done much beef yet, any good tips for approx how long a 2 lb chuck will take and how to smoke it to get it nice and tender and juicy

Thanks

Welcome!
Chuck roasts are one of my favorite things to smoke. Usually this takes anywhere from 5-6 hours for me between 235-255.

I season with whatever I have on hand and smoke until it hits the stall (~160ish F maybe). Then I wrap in aluminum foil with a little bit of beef broth until it’s probe tender (usually around ~200F for me but sometimes 210F). Rest for about 30 minutes and shread!

Welcome!!!

I like to slice mine. I smoke mine until around 145-160 , wrap it in foil (adding a pat of butter and some Barnyard Dust seasoning) and then back on until it’s above 190. The au jus in the foil is to die for and it slices well. If you want to pull it, I would think you take the temp higher. Good luck and be sure to post some pictures.

Looks like the other gave you some pretty good advice there. I take mine to 160, wrap with a little low sodium beef broth, and take it to 210. 210 seems to be the magic number for pulled chuck. Really gets that fat rendered down so the meat is not tough and pulls apart easily.

Looks like your covered We did one last night in the Instant Pot falling apart tender

Gary

Hey everyone, newer to smoking, I've gotten pretty good at pork but haven't done much beef yet, any good tips for approx how long a 2 lb chuck will take and how to smoke it to get it nice and tender and juicy

Thanks

This (below) is a 3 pounder, but I'll give you my Step by Step on it. (everything included)
I took this one all the way to "Pulling Temp":
Smoked Pulled Beef Chucky

Bear

Thanks for the tips everyone, for the first time smoking a chuck it came out pretty well, found a few things ill try and adjust the next time i cook one

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky