2 chuckies and a brisket

Discussion in 'Beef' started by irishteabear, May 25, 2009.

1. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Had two chuckies that were a little over 3 lbs each and a small brisket flat that was a little over 2 lbs. Rubbed them with Capt. Dan's brisket rub and mixed it with beef broth for the sprayer. Used a mix of hickory and mesquite. Smoking temp was 250.

About half way through.

The vultures were swarming, forgot to take pics before foiling. [​IMG]

The finished, sliced brisket

A finished, sliced chuckie

The majority vote was 3 to 4 that we liked chuckies better than briskets. [​IMG]

2. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

All looks really good, Dawn. The smoke ring is proof the smoke was good to that grub! [​IMG]

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks awesome nice job!!

4. pinkmeat

pinkmeat Smoking Fanatic

Did you slice the chuck?

5. irishteabear

Both the one chuckie and the brisket were sliced. The other one is cooling and will go in the freezer as is, along with some of the juices.

6. mikey

mikey Smoking Fanatic

I would have sworn that you posted a pic of the sliced chuckie[​IMG] How about a pic of the new grillin' bowl and the details since it's replaced the wok. I might consider it in the combo Brinkmann if it worked okay.

7. forluvofsmoke

forluvofsmoke Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Lookin' good there, Dawn! Man, everybody's doin' briskies lately. Yet another reason for me to hit the store and make my selection! LOL!

Thanks for sharing, Dawn...I hope my char-grilled Brats will take away the hunger pains I just got.

Eric

8. ellymae

ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good - chuckies are one of our favorites, makes great tacos.

9. irishteabear

I'll post it tomorrow in the charcoal smoker thread.