1st Smoke on New Lang 84 Deluxe, Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

david-s

Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Thanks for all of the help w/qview. I'm not as smart as some of my friends think... lol

This was the first of many smokes to come using the Lang 84 Deluxe. I really like the smoker. I chose baby backs and I'm glad I did.

Some of the best I've ever cooked. I'll let the pics tell the rest of the story.

Sorry they are "jumbled". I'm lucky to have gotten them here at all.

David-S

You must love that thing, ribs look great! She is seasoned real nice too by the looks of your open cooker door:-)

Can't wait for more pics in the future!!

Steve

Hi Steve, I haven't forgotten the pics you want. Now that everyone gave me info on qview, I'll take a few this weekend, baby backs again, and get more of the cooker.

David-S

Nice lookin rig David. I bet you fall in love with it real soon. I have a small case of smoker envy!
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

I am really excited for ya--nothing like memories for the family when it come to good food!!!

Talk later,

Steve

Looks great
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
and nice lookin rig for sure

That's a buncha backs Dave. Looks like you would have invited us all over.
But, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................... .............
icon_sad.gif

Those Lang's turn out some fine grub.

WOW what a rig! I really like that(hmmm) and ya Dude I walked the garbage can to the end of my drive waiting on them to load.Not to shabby ribs also.

I'm just learning qview... fewer pics next time, sorry, and I'll make them smaller.

The wood used was oak for a good coal bed and topped off with hickory. This weekend, I'll use oak and pecan while cooking another case of baby backs and a few fattys.

Thanks, David-S

Looks great! I'm wondering how long they cooked and how much wood you used? I'd love to get a bigger cooker but I'm afraid I'd burn up too much wood.

5 hours total cook time. As for the wood, 5-6 sticks to get to temp, and 1 every 30-40 minutes thereafter. 10-12" diameter wood, quartered, 18-20" in length. Of course, the weather could play a role there. It was 75 here Sunday.

I use a small propane torch to lite fires, so about 30 mins to get to cooking temp.

The wood smoker has far exceeded my expectations to date. I haven't used the propane option, but I will soon.

David-S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky