• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

1st smoke on a home built 55 drum smoker

crownovercoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 30, 2007
Since I am new to SMF I want to say hello, and thanks for all the info I have been siphoning of off the experianced one on the site. After reading a few threads and seeing how closeknit and helpful every one is. I just had to join. I have just finished enjoying my first smoked brisket on the trial burn-in of my first home-made smoker.

With some of the valuable information I have recieved from you all, I will have to say it was a complete success. Tho my smoker is not complete(-paint, permanent handles, and a Stainless steel diamond plate front and side table) The smoke came freely. Thanks again for everything.

And smoke on....

ikinya6

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 25, 2006
Welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself here. Post some pix of the new smoker. We love to see those kind of things.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
welcome to smf. head on over to roll call, and let us all give you a proper introduction. btw, i use a homemade smoker too, a pic of it is in my sig. i am in the process of building a new one right now.

crownovercoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 30, 2007
I quite understand howto post pics. I do have some and will try to get them posted asap.

domn8_ion

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 5, 2007
Welcome to SMF. If thats your smoker in your signature, looks good so far. Can't wait to see it finished.

ron50

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2007
Welcome to SMF. Glad your first smoke with your new smoker went so well.

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
That smoker looks mighty fine... let's see more pix of it when you get a chance!

triple b

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2007
Welcome to SMF.
Congrats on your first smoke!
Nice lookin' smoker.
Don't forget to post pics of your food when you can!

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
Nice pit Crown, looks similiar to the one im building, look forward to comparing notes

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.