1st smoke of the year.... Man am I late!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpmich

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Central Michigan
Cold rainy spring and other things kept me from the smoker this year, but I finally got the first smoke of the year under my belt.

One rack of ribs, and three chuck eyes.  I took the chuck to about 180* and will freeze for future dinners.  Stopping just short of "done" will let me roast them in the oven with veggies for 1 1/2 hours at 325* or so long enough for veggies to get done, and the meat will be just right.

Here they are about 2 thirds of the way through the cook.

Looks great fpmich! So, it appears like you've got the ultra modified version of my Char-Griller offset - I still need to add better temp gauges, but I've removed the inner pan and added a nice baffle from the fire box and some piping to bring the vent back across the top of the unity.I love it and the changes help, but I still have trouble with fire control.

Any additional pointers/tips as far as your updates to your smoker?

Nice job frank. How'd the ribs turn out?

More importantly, how was your luck morel hunting this past spring. I only found six, but that's better than nothing......

Ribs turn out great.

Morel season didn't.  LOL

I didn't even bother going out this year, they were so sparse.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky