1st smoke complete have question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

derek712

Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Near Sioux City Iowa
 I smoked a pork line(wrapped in bacon, 1st time ever smoking anything) in my new ECB w/ all the mods done. Got it to temp with in 15min and she cooked steady at 240.question is at 2.5 hrs the meat was at 250 degrees( read w/ 2 different digitals) does that sound right? Every thing i have read says it takes 3 1/2 to 4 hrs.It was not a very big loin. Also wife thought i should put it in oven for a little bit< is that necessary? Thanks

If the meat is @ 250 and the thermos are accurate it is way done.   Pork loin can be eaten @ 170ish.  Again you need to check your temps.  What did you use to check smoker temps?  Always go with temp not time.

I will second that, always go with temp.  I always use two thermos to check my final temp and i usually have a third on standby if I question the first two.

How many lbs was the loin? How were you taking the meat temp?

oops, was not 250 it was at 150.I used 2 didifferent digital themos. ok so its temp not time,that helps.I have been reading hundreds of pages on here to learn and would read of 12-18 hr cooks and just did not think it could have been done in 2.5 hrs. it tasted awesome and got compliments from everyone who tasted it. all in all i call this a successful 1st smoke thanks to this site. I am already hooked on smoking and have just finished my build of a UDS.cant wait to fire it up tomorrow.Thanks

at 250° no way that would be 2.5 hrs.

Sounds like your temps are higher than you think.

icon_cool.gif

I have to agree with Bob and Jerry on this one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky