1st pork butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tld

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
Gowen, Michigan
Morning fellow smokers. Tempting 2 things today, my 1st pork butt and my 1st q-view. If q-view works 1st pic's are loading my elec. smoke hollow with breakfast fattie, and pork butt. both are rubbed with Jeffs rub, fattie also has ham slices,bacon bits, and cheddar and Monterey jack cheese inside. Smoking @ 225 and using a combination of apple/hickory chips. Spritzing both with apple juice and captain morgan. If q-view works follow ups will becoming.
1fa12793_vbattach18875.jpg

629aff95_vbattach18876.jpg

ok temps @167*. getting ready to foil. Decided to put it in alum. drip pan that was catching the drippings,spritz down with apple juice/capt'n morgan's than double wrap. Jumping the smoker up to 250* for the remainder of the cook.

All I can say is thanks Jeff for the rub and finishing sauce recipes. And thanks [font=&quot]Meowey for the sticky on how to do basic pulled pork. It was a hit.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
[/font][font=&quot]
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
[/font][font=&quot]I think the q-views will speak for them selfs.
[/font]
3cb06b1a_vbattach18916.jpg

4284a003_vbattach18917.jpg

Good job on that smoke, fatty looks wonderful, and the PP looks great! The combination of meowy's sticky and Jeff's rub is a winner every time!

thanks for the complements guys. I know I couldn't of did it without all the help I got from this forum. I have to say they tasted even better than they looked.
biggrin.gif
also need to thank WALKING DUDE for the tip ( thinner metal.........use an empty tuna fish can, or cat food can.......perfect height.........and thinner metal, won;t take as much heat to penetrate the metal...........just a thought) a while ago. it really helped on getting TBS from the elec smoker. Their chip pan was to thick and wouldn't get hot enough.

THANKS,
Tony

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky