1st Pork Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

snowcapn

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 30, 2008
Alexandria, MN
She's lookin pretty good so far.
I used Jeff's rub. 250 about 8 hours-til 160. Wrapped er in foil with some more spray. Now I'm waiting to get tol temp and cool. Patience is pretty tuff right now, but I'm gonna stick to the plan.
I'll post some Q-views when done.
Thanks for all the help once again!

Sounds like you're on your way to some great grub! Keep that patience in check 'cause it definitely pays off if you do!
biggrin.gif

Yep. I have them in the oven as well, so I'm with ya Rich. Jeer away you darn jeerers! lol
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

Ifin ya ain't addin smoke, and when yer in foil ya ain't, ya might as well finish in the oven ifin it's convienient, cause at that point, heat is heat. Just my two coppers worth!

Tag for results.
Patience will improve. My first butt, someone mentioned that patience is a virtue. I was like, yea, yea, yea, patience. How long will that take?
biggrin.gif

Hell, I move em to the oven every time, unless I got other meat that needs smoke. But after 6 to 9 hours to get the butts up to foiling temp, there ain't much left that needs smoke that hasn't already received it!

What Richtee said. Heat is heat.

well, it they turned out pretty tasty, iI must say. the bone just slipped right out! The flavor was great and it was super tender. Good lord how I love this sight and all the people with the great info!!

Awsome looking snowcapn! Great Q-VIEW! I usually don't move mine to the oven because that would mean I am done cooking outside and it is time to come in and the festivities outside are done. What she don't know won't hurt her. HEHEHEHE!

every time some one shows off their smoke. I learn more.I like the addition of how it was done.
pduke has a point..I hate coming in the house. I just love the out side and the adult beverages while putzin with the grill/ smoker..

Great looking smoke! Thanks for the Qview. I'm hungry now!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky