1st fatty...well ok we'll make 3.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingohiobutcher

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 21, 2009
The North Coast of Ohio
I decided to try my first fatty and couldn't help myself so I made three!
1.5 lbs of bulk Bratwurst
1 handfull of babyspinach leaves
1 green onion sliced thin
fresh mushrooms chopped fine
1/2 cup hi-temp mozzeralla cheese diced (in 2 of the fatties)
or
1/2 cups worth smoky swiss-n-cheddar chunks (in the other 1)

I tried something similar to the ziploc method to spread the sausage.
I used a wide shallow meat containercovered with plastic wrap. This gave me a lip to flatten the meat to,and saved me the step of cutting the plastic bag. Next layer the spinach, green onion, mushrooms,& cheese on top. Voila!!
Attachment 21721

Now use the plastic wrap to roll the meat. Then fold in an seal the ends.On a new sheet of p.wrap make your bacon weave.

Attachment 21723
Roll the fatty onto the bacon weave.
Attachment 21724

Wrap fatty tight with the p.Wrap.
Attachment 21725

3 awesome fatties!!
Attachment 21726

They were going to be smoked tonight but a huge thunderstorm blew up while I was pre-heating the smoker...tomarrow I guess.
icon_neutral.gif

Thanks for Checking this out. More Q view Tomarrow.
3e6197e7_vbattach21724.jpg

b6ec8654_vbattach21723.jpg

e1fe2086_vbattach21721.jpg

cadbdbdc_vbattach21722.jpg

9f025017_vbattach21725.jpg

53a6eac2_vbattach21726.jpg

Sucks about that storm blowin through.
Everything looks great so far SOB. I liked that you were gonna do your first then it turned into 3.
Can't make too much of a good thing.
Points for the great informative pictures.

I like your pan method. It's like how I form pies...works great for these too, from the looks of 'em!

Lookin' good!

Bring on the smoke when you can.

Eric

No, its a meat lug for making hamburger....SOButcher! Yup its awesome having access to soooo much beautiful meat and now having a smoker that I can transform myself into a true food wizzard!!!

Duh, Guess I should've figure that out from your name. As a butcher, your input is going to be most welcome around here. And I think I speak for most everyone when I say how jealous we are that we don't access to the choices that you do. Very cool.

A Butcher???? That's cheatin!!!!!!

Great ideas and pics!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Good to have ya aboard!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Here come the questions!!!!
icon_question.gif

ok, so since I couldn't smoke my fatties yesterday,(t-storm). I was telling the people at work they would have to wait another day to try them...practically a mutiny on my hands! I agreed to make 4 more.these were ground chuck with bacon burger seasoning,garlic powder, & ketchup,wrapped around chopped mushrooms ,green onion,&hi-temp mozzerella cheese. Oh, and wrapped in bacon...of course.
check out the view of the finished product.
pork ones first
Attachment 21730

now the beef bacon burger.
Attachment 21731

A cut-away view of each. the left one is the pork.
Attachment 21732
26964c6d_vbattach21731.jpg

bf4b86d3_vbattach21730.jpg

827f5457_vbattach21732.jpg

S.O.B.

Beaut!!! Those are nice lookin fatties..!! looks really good for your first ones.. usually folks make one but you made 7 !! Your definatly shareing the wealth.. POINTS!!!

I bet you can put them on the store menu for your custies... they all look great!!!

CHEERS!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky