1st Fattie attempt Q's?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cgeb

Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
Hey, I Made 3 fatties out of Venison and Breakfast sausage mix last night. Stuffed with hash browns, onions, eggs, cheese and a little salsa. They are in the fridge and I'm going to smoke them up today.

So here is my question, does everyone put them directly on the racks of the smoker or do you put them on something to support the "fattie"? Like foil or cookie sheet, etc.?

The rolls turned out pretty good I am assuming from everything I have read it is kind of critical to make sure the ends are sealed up very well?

With the sausage mixed in, they ought to hold just fine. I throw mine on the rack directly, and they haven't broken up yet.

If you don't want the innards comin' out, seal the ends well.

BTW, haven't done it yet myself--that's tomorrow--but wrap it in BACON! I suppose it's a preference, really, but I have to say I feel all guilty not having done it yet....

I always just put mine on the rack. i throw mine in the freezer for a 1/2hr to an hr before I put them on the smoker to make them firmer to handle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky