1st big smoke on the GOSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

packrat

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 6, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
My 30th birthday is coming up on Saturday, so I'm firing up the GOSM for the first big run. Got a big pork butt, some sausage (for a fatty), two huge chunks of salmon, and a brisket. I didn't think I'd try a brisket this time around, but then I looked at the store. Instead of all the other ones that size marked "Trimmed Brisket", $2.99/pound, it was labeled "Split Fryer", $0.99 per pound. $17.90 vs. $4.02. What a deal. Hope to add take some pics at some point.

Sounds like you'll be eating like a king on your Birthday. ENJOY IT! ................ remember to take some pic's along the way..........

cant wait for the pix... we are here for you.... we are also here for your leftovers if any..lol

happy early birthday, i will be away from puter this weekend

Rub is the same on all of them. A basic one with brown sugar, salt, then spices (cayenne, paprika, cumin, thyme, etc.) As for sauces, I made up some finishing sauce to serve on the side, as well as some Arthur Bryant's (is that famous outside of Kansas?) and some Gate's (another famous KC place). Plan to spray with apple juice every hour or so.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky