1st Attempt at Pork Loin w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dingle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 22, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Marinated the night before in this
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup onions, minced
2 large garlic cloves, minced
7 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo (or to taste)
1 cup black coffee
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2-3 lbs boneless pork loin
salt
[/img]
Tied up with butchers twine and ready for the smoke
[/img]
The ingredients for a little seafood salad side dish
[/img]
One hour into the smokew/a batch of the wicked ones
[/img]
Before foil at 145* internal temps, smoked with cherry chunks
[/img]
Sliced
[/img]
And finally...plated and served
[/img]
Would definitely do this again. Marinate called for 7oz can of chipoltes w/adobo. I only used three chiles and approx 1tblsp of adobo...HOT stuff. Boiled leftover marinate for ten minutes and used as a sauce for the loin. A good simple smoke. Thanks for viewing!

The seafood salad got eaten as an appetizer. was gone before the camera came back out ;(

Pork loin and beans looks great
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I've never tried one before on the smoker, does tying it keep the loin more uniform?

I know what you mean about the snack disapearing before the camera can be found, I always make scallops wrapped in bacon and they're gone before i can turn around.

Hey Solar, thanks! Tying...more uniform...more consistant temps from one end to the other.
Bacon wrapped scallops are always a big hit at my place too! I never have smoked them, always on the grill. Another item for "the list".

lookin good dingle,,,

I like the coffee touch in the marinade, that reminds me, I have a bbq sauce round here somewhere that has a cup of coffee in it.

have a good week
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks great and I'll bet tasted even better
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

WOW!
Looks like Mr Dingle has been holding out.Lookin at that Qview my mouth turned into Niagara Falls.Nice work!
MH

Thats looks great. Never tried the coffee in a marinade. Does it turn out strong once the loin is smoked?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky