13 Lbs. Top Sirloin for Roast Beef w/ qView!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joopster

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Auburn, IN
So I got a Cabelas' 12" commercial grade slicer for Christmas and I need something good to try it out on.

My daughter's birthday party is Saturday so I bought a top sirloin to do hot roast beef sandwiches.  I also picked up some pork belly to try making my own bacon for the first time but that will be another thread.

Plan is to SPOG this bad boy with worceshetirela;ksdjf sauce.  Smoke on the mini with hickory?  Pull at 135 let rest, slice in half, throw in freezer for a couple hours and slice away.

Since we want to serve them hot should we take the shaved roast beef and put in a crockpot with some beef broth?

Here is the specimen...

And here is the slicer...

I will be smoking it tomorrow.

Looks great.   Can't wait for more pics.   As Dave alluded to, you don't want the beef to cook in the au jus.  If too hot, the texture of the meat will actually change as it par boils.  I'll usually whip up a pot of au jus and bring it to a low boil, then turn it off and let it start to cool.   When I can dip my pinky in and hold it there for a few seconds it's good to go.  

Got a pork tenderloin on at the same time.  136 on the loin.  It's been hard to keep a good temp with the wind, low.....

Going into the fridge tonight and then to the freezer for a time and then thin sliced on the new slicer!

Well , Joop . I was doing fine ,reading through the post and happened upon your Sirloin story.
biggrin.gif
  I must say that is one nice looking Roast .
drool.gif
However, I am P.O.ed at you now.
icon_mad.gif
Ihave been doing very well watching my diet today , but after seeing your story , I got so

hungry I was drowning in my saliva and got that last piece of Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie and ate it(I have to  confess it was really half a pie)

icon_redface.gif
, now SWMBO will be mad ; again. . .
frown.gif

Thanks a lot , Joop , have fun and . . .

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky