12 hrs. into a nice pork butt... mmmmmm!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
Picked up a 7.6 lb. pork butt at the store yesterday.... couldn't resist.
biggrin.gif

I injected it with a mix of Sweet Baby Rays, cider vinegar, Tony Chicharos, and apple juice. Let it sit in the fridge for 6 or 7 hrs. Concoted up a rub of brown sugar, paprika, dry mustard, cayanne powder, Tony Chicharo's, and some dry onion soup mix. (wife had made some oatmeal butterscotch bars for desert ealier.... they jumped into the picture
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
)

bb7e6cf1_IMG_1260.jpg

356831eb_IMG_1258.jpg

e63c0390_IMG_1259.jpg

Slathered the butt with some yellow mustard and as much rub as it would hold.

5cebed1d_IMG_1262.jpg

.... 10 hrs. later and ready to wrap it up in some foil (minus a little piece I "sampled off of one of the ends).

77a12985_IMG_1265.jpg

.... will post some updates in a few hours.... mmmmm!

C'mon Johnny, I just ate!

Now I'm hungry again already!

I owe you,

Bear

BTW: I just realized, this place has more good looking butts than Hugh Hefner's house!

Last edited:
This has to be the only place where anybody, male or female, young or old, can have people from all over the world tell them how nice their butt is ! 
rolleyes.gif

Just sayin',

Bear

That looks fantastic. I am going to have to give my next Butt a rub down with mustard and see how it goes. Thanks for the quick v iew Robert

Did you crash due to PP overload? or am I missing the finally??

Yeah.... went into a pork coma and forgot to upload the final picks.... DOH! I blame it on the brainwashing squirrels..... heh-heh. Hopefull will remember to post the final pics tonight when I get home.... I set the camera next to the computer so I don't forget... lol.

"These are not the squirells you are looking for..... you may go about about your business.... you didn't see anything"

b6538344_imagesCAYMOINC.jpg

Yeah.... went into a pork coma and forgot to upload the final picks.... DOH! I blame it on the brainwashing squirrels..... heh-heh. Hopefull will remember to post the final pics tonight when I get home.... I set the camera next to the computer so I don't forget... lol.

"These are not the squirells you are looking for..... you may go about about your business.... you didn't see anything"

b6538344_imagesCAYMOINC.jpg

Johnny,

I would not poke fun at the "Brainwashing" squirrles!

You never know.

Stranger things than that have come from GA.

Bear

Johnny,

I would not poke fun at the "Brainwashing" squirrles!

You never know.

Stranger things than that have come from GA.

Bear
The Secret Squirrel training facility.... located deep in the backwoods of Georgia.... once you have seen this picture they will have to kill you!

fde08475_secret-squirrels.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Now thats too cool with the squirrels but you might watch out for that crazied women. I have heard that she's really into that VooDoo stuff now. But your butt looks pretty good but I would like to see the finished pics.

So after finally escaping the clutches of the Jedi Mind Bending Secret Service Squirrels (JMBSSS), I finally rememberd that I had one last picture to post of the butt after it got done with another 4 hrs. wrapped in the foil, followed by 2 hrs. resting in a towel filled cooler. The blurry parts of the photo are actually where the steam was coming off of it! Notice the bone about to fall out all on its own. It pulled beutifully! Just firm enough to stay in nice chunks, tender enough to cut with a fork, and the bark still had a nice texture without being mushy.

180be8ec_IMG_1266.jpg

***** no squirrels were harmed or placed in any danger during this production *****

Looks great Johnny, Nice Bark!

Are you sure it's safe?

You saw the SST facility!

Did you see any JMBSSS members hanging around your yard?
cool.gif

Bear

Looks great Johnny, Nice Bark!

Are you sure it's safe?

You saw the SST facility!

Did you see any JMBSSS members hanging around your yard?
cool.gif

Bear
LOL.... yeah my dog has been barking at the JMBSSS all morning long as they run back and forth on the fence.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky