100+ year old smokehouse!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ashton

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Dale, Texas
While wandering around Maryland's back roads, I discovered an old farmstead and the owner was using the smokehouse that his great grandfather built! I had stopped across from the place and was taking pictures when I noticed that the little building was smoking!! The Owner was out in the yard so I wandered over and talked him. Unfortunately he didn't offer to show me the place but he told me that they smoke meats in it once a season, just like his great grandparents did.

Needless to say I was impressed and getting hungry standing there smelling it. I took my leave before I embarrassed self drooling!! LOL
c95037cd_vbattach11004.jpg

That's too cool, getting to see history in action. 8)

It would have been great to get the "Grand Tour" .... but we all know if you're lookin' you ain't cookin', and most of us wouldn't want someone opening our pit so it's understandable.
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky