10 1/2th Annual South Florida Gathering - Pics Added

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Everyone! I've been super busy and not on here much but i'm back! Looking forward to seeing everyone

Happy Monday! With the recent "surge" in the Delta Covid stuff i went to HH's website to check if they had anything on there regarding the current state of affairs....and good news (so far) is that the park seems to be unaffected by the news!!

Keith brought up the idea to me of doing a raffle Saturday after the main dinner.....bringing a <$20 gift (doesn't have to BBQ associated) to the Gathering... And then hand out tickets to everybody and do a drawing after Sat. nights diner? What does everyone think about that idea?

Another note....you may want to check Reserve America's website to confirm your reservation. I just logged on and they don't have me booked for the gathering but I have a confirmation email for it. I'm going to call shortly and see what's going on. Curious if anyone else is seeing the same?

FYI...i just spoke with a representative from ReserveAmerica and she told me that RA is no longer handling reservations for HH. She did say that all reservations were transferred to HH but i'm going to call anyway to check. You may want to do the same

Sounds like fun. Hoping we won't have our usual soccer conflict this year. Maybe if so motivated, others can bring additional "door prizes".

Happy Monday! With the recent "surge" in the Delta Covid stuff i went to HH's website to check if they had anything on there regarding the current state of affairs....and good news (so far) is that the park seems to be unaffected by the news!!

Keith brought up the idea to me of doing a raffle Saturday after the main dinner.....bringing a <$20 gift (doesn't have to BBQ associated) to the Gathering... And then hand out tickets to everybody and do a drawing after Sat. nights diner? What does everyone think about that idea?

FYI...i just spoke with a representative from ReserveAmerica and she told me that RA is no longer handling reservations for HH. She did say that all reservations were transferred to HH but i'm going to call anyway to check. You may want to do the same
Same here, Doug. After setting up an account on Florida State Parks reservation site it showed my reservation.

So I vote that we do the "door prize giveaway" ... Everybody bring something of $20 or less... and it doesn't have to be BBQ related ... We will get double printed tickets and give one to everybody... and then do the drawings after Sat. nights dinner ... In theory everybody would get something to take home if everybody brings something ...

It's just around the corner now... Hopefully the park doesn't get shutdown again... Been looking forward to it for a longggggg time ...

Reactions: nimrod
I've got tickets i can bring for the raffle! And i agree...hopefully the park doesnt get shut down again, i keep occasionally checking the HH website for updates.

So I vote that we do the "door prize giveaway" ... Everybody bring something of $20 or less... and it doesn't have to be BBQ related ... We will get double printed tickets and give one to everybody... and then do the drawings after Sat. nights dinner ... In theory everybody would get something to take home if everybody brings something ...

It's just around the corner now... Hopefully the park doesn't get shutdown again... Been looking forward to it for a longggggg time ...
Hmm, should we bring a lace Doily or a bottle of JD? Such a dilemma...

Good deal Doug.. are they the double tickets ??
I just checked and they are not double :/ I'll get some off Amazon.

I just checked HH's website and nothing about closures is on there, so as of now we seem to be good to go for November!! Has anyone decided they want to back out just so we can take role call?

Getting closer and closer... I am so ready... been working 12 1/2 hr days with no days off since middle of August (did have one weekend off) ...

Just checked the web site... so far no closures ...

C'mon November....

Reactions: smokin peachey
Those are some long days brother! It'll be good to have some drinks with ya and tell lies :)

Due to a little less chatter in here I'm guessing we might have a smaller crowd, but hey....the first year it was only going to be Keith and I haha

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky