10 1/2th Annual South Florida Gathering - Pics Added

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Check your notification and email settings.....Top right Gear icon

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 11.32.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 11.32.58 AM.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 17
Looks like we are going to miss attending this year. Sold our camper and we were joining a friend in their rv. Unfortunately they had a family emergency and are currently in Indiana and don’t expect to return for a while.
We are booked in prime spot 87 if someone wants to take over. Wish we could be there but no place to sleep. Email me at [email protected] if you want out site. Won’t cancel until next week.
We will miss everyone, John very disappointed

AWWWW Shucks Carol.. that sucks... but yes.. hold on to the site for now ...

Getting close now.. I start vaca Fri. .. Will be camping at Hardee Lakes County Park for a week before Sebring.... Will leave there Thurs. and go straight to Sebring ...

I also have a few different things I'm going to offer up for the door prizes...

I'm sorry to hear that Carol! You and John will be missed!

I wanted to do a quick headcount of forum members still attending, i just scrolled back through and it looks like we have: JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 , roadkill cafe roadkill cafe , nimrod nimrod , bobcats110 bobcats110 , cuckoo4141 cuckoo4141 , orlandosmoking orlandosmoking and myself.

Did I miss anyone? Did i mention anyone who needs to back out?

I'm debating not bringing my trailer this year, it'll expedite my travel time and if we have a smaller group we might not need it. Instead, I would bring my SweetSmokeQ Barrel Smoker. Thoughts? Does anyone think we need a larger cooking space? Not sure who is or is not bringing their smokers.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Lastly, I haven't heard from our donors/sponsors since before last years event. I was hoping we'd get some contributions for our 10 year but we'll make do! :)

....more to come

Ughhh, looking like I’m going to have to back out. Really ticks me off. Nurse I had set up to be with momma had to fly back to Jamaica and is unsure if she’ll be back in time. I’ll have to look up which site I have and put it up for grabs. Sorry guys. Doug, tell Brad I’ll miss him. 😂

Well.. this is the time I hate while waiting for the Gathering... when the cancellations start...

I know life gets in the way and there is nothing that can be done about it... Just sucks we don't get to see one another ...

Our trip will start a week early.. we'll be heading to another campground this Thurs. for some fishing and trail riding ... Leave there next Thurs. to head to Sebring ...

John couldn’t stand it so he booked a room for us on Saturday night. Is there going to be a competition or just a group pot luck. Think he is planning on bringing his mini.

John couldn’t stand it so he booked a room for us on Saturday night. Is there going to be a competition or just a group pot luck. Think he is planning on bringing his mini.

YEAYYYYY... I knew he'd figure out a way... ATTA BOY John ...
So far there is no discussion about NOT doing ribs... So I would say it's a go ...

I would like to get a head count for Fri. night as for what size ham ??? So please people start chiming in on plans ...

Lets also not forget the door prize give away ...

Carol - As of now we'll plan for a fun Rib Comp and as always we'll have a potluck style dinner Saturday night. Glad y'all can come!

As Keith said....for anyone that wants to participate we are going to do a giveaway. If you'd like to participate, please bring something worth $20 or less to exchange. I'll bring tickets to divvy up. Participation in this is optional :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky