1 man, 3 flavors, 2 smokers & 35lbs of happy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

driedstick

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 3, 2011
N. Central Idaho
Well, been a while since I did any snack sticks and thought I better restock for Muzzle loader Elk season,, Which starts on Dec. 21 in my neck of the woods. 

Asked the guys what they wanted this yr and so here we go. 

This is all 80/20 beef 

The players - Mango Habanero, Garlic Parmesan and Bacon formed beef in summer sausage 

All had the cure already in it so off to the mixing and stuffing,,, these were stuffed into 21MM Collegen casings 

FYI - 35lbs of stuffing with a 5lbs stuffer and by yourself is work but can be done,,, Kids were gone and Wife was out shopping so what a better time to spend a day in the shop with a wood fire going, and listening to classic rock on the radio. 

Below,,, I could not believe the chunks of Mango in this,,, just glad it was not chunks of Habanero 

Below is 10lbs of the bacon formed summer sausage,,,

After sitting in the fridge overnight getting happy I hang them in the shop while I get the smokers up and going 

Into the smokers at 130 for 2 hrs NO Smoke and bump 10* each hour till smoker gets to 170 and yank at 152*IT. 

The sticks took on some great color

All of it turned out really good I smoked them with Amazen Corn cob pellets, Sticks were done in about 6hrs and the summer sausage took about 8-9hrs,

Oh,,,,, and here will be home for Muzzle loader camp 

View off the front porch

Enjoy,,, 

And yes my smokers were happy happy happy this weekend 

DS

Looks great.

That's a lot of meat to stuff yourself.

Great looking smoke!

That's not a camp, that's the Hilton inn of Elk camps!

Points!
Thanks DS,,, Ya pretty nice place,, When I was a kid my parents had a cabin about 150yrds from this one, then my dad passed and Mom decided to sell it.  I spent the last two weekends up there it is a nice place 

Inside and the goofy owner,,, my buddy 

Those sticks look fantastic DS!

Your cabin looks pretty cool too!

Point!

Al
Thanks Al,, sticks are a hit here at work today,,,, I wish it was my cabin,,,Mom sold ours after dad passed when I was 7, Ours was not this nice LOL 

Hows the 80-20 in the formed bacon?    Greasy?

In chubs and meat sticks I like a leaner meat but I really want to try the formed bacon.

Hows the 80-20 in the formed bacon?    Greasy?

In chubs and meat sticks I like a leaner meat but I really want to try the formed bacon.
NOT Greasy one bit,,, you could do 85% also,,,,, I am eating a piece right now and it is great,,, texture is perfect and nice bacon flavor... Will be doing this again maybe with some smoked cheese in it or into a snack stick,,,,, try the 85 I think you will like it....The 1 1/2 casings I think are perfect for on a cracker with smoked cheese 

good luck 

DS That looks great I envy you,miss hunting and my hunting partner passed on Sat Points and good luck be safe

Richie

DS That looks great I envy you,miss hunting and my hunting partner passed on Sat Points and good luck be safe

Richie
Thanks Richie,,, Sorry to here about your hunting partner, I know the feeling... ,,, Stay safe??? I too old to do anything else than that LOL &  I need all the luck I can get 

You to sir

DS

That all looks awesome DS, them seasonings sound like great combos ! Good luck on muzzleloader elk season !

Oh Yeah

Your happy

I'm happy 

Everything looks great

All is good 

DS, I missed this post good looking hunting camp  and good looking snacks for camp ! 
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky