• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Étouffée

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That looks delicious!
A lot of work, but it sure looks like it would be worth it!
Nicely done!
Al

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2018
That looks delicious!
A lot of work, but it sure looks like it would be worth it!
Nicely done!
Al
Thank you, Al. It really just looks like a lot of work and making the stock is time consuming, but this can be made with store bought seafood stock, I'm sure. Once the stock is made, the rest goes fairly quickly...

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
I didn't really look at the crawfish package before I got it home, but figured with a name like Boudreaux's, it had to be the real deal, but it is Walmart and I should've known better, product of China.
Yeah....I saw the Made in China and it made me shutter. I think it is criminal to name Chinese crawfish "Boudreaux's". False association.

It's all about price. Chinese crawfish are 1/2-1/3 the price of Louisiana Crawfish, and I will gladly pay for Louisiana Crawfish every time.

Glad you gave etouffee a go, it looks good.

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Yeah....I saw the Made in China and it made me shutter. I think it is criminal to name Chinese crawfish "Boudreaux's". False association.

It's all about price. Chinese crawfish are 1/2-1/3 the price of Louisiana Crawfish, and I will gladly pay for Louisiana Crawfish every time.

Glad you gave etouffee a go, it looks good.
Thank you for the compliments and the link to the real deal crawfish. As for the etouffee, my Cajun buddy Mike said that the color is a personal thing. He made it dark, even darker than I did.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Great looking dish good job.

Warren

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Great looking etouffee! This is always something I wanted to make. Looks delicious!

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
Wow! I can actually catch a whiff it looks so good! Thank you for sharing!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.