Photos of my first attempt at beef back ribs. I tried a bit of a modified 3-2-1 method.
- applied Cookshack brisket rub 18 hours before smoke
- smoked naked for 3 hours over hickory (I was out of oak - my preference for beef)
- wrapped in foil and added 1/2 cup of red wine and smoked for 30 minutes
- removed from foil and smoked for 45 minutes
- wrapped in foil, wrapped in towel, and placed in cooler to rest for 30 minutes.
Final results had great flavor and the meat pulled off the bone with ease, but didn't fall off. Rub was a bit saltier than I would have preferred. I might cut it with 1/4 to 1/2 brown sugar next time. The wine was a surprising addition to the flavor. Complimented the beef very well, but was subtle enough not to overpower.