SmokingMeatForums.com (SMF) is a place for members to ask questions, share their experiences, and help each other learn while making new friends.
We've got a huge community, so in order to manage such a large group of diverse people we must enforce certain standards and rules. Underlying these rules is the fact that SMF is a place where people of different backgrounds and ideas can all feel comfortable participating around their same interest.
- Be friendly and courteous to all SMF members.
- Be respectful to the moderating/admin staff members.
- Be nice to newbies and be patient when answering their questions.
- Remember that this is a family friendly forum, so keep all posted content family friendly.
- Don’t flame. (verbally attacking people or groups of people)
- Don’t troll. (posting to provoke a fight)
- No fighting or excessive arguing. If you must, take it to PM.
- No advertising of your products or services is allowed, except in the appropriate Buy/Sell/Trade areas of the forum.
- Don’t bump threads excessively.
- No cross posting. (re-posting the same thread or post in multiple areas of the forum)
- Posting links to other websites or forums is not allowed under most circumstances.
- Try your best to be respectful to the moderating team and their disciplinary actions, as they are only trying to make the forum as pleasant for everyone as possible.
- Please direct questions or concerns to the Administrator or specific moderator via PM or email.
- Do not post threads regarding problems with the moderating team. It will be handled privately so as to reduce drama on the forum.
- If a topic is closed or removed, please don’t repost that same topic or material.
- When you register, you are automatically signed up for the SMF newsletter. If you wish to be removed, simply follow the very easy unsubscribe instructions in the first one you receive.
- The admin and moderating team will use their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any users or content from SMF.
- Private messages sent on our forum cannot be accessed by other members or moderators. However, the admin team does have access to PM’s. While we normally choose not to utilize this tool, we may review PM’s if problems arise. (For example, if we suspect a member is spamming via PM’s.) If this is something you feel you can’t tolerate, then please use email or another chatting system to retain your full privacy.
- In general, we ask that you not post any material that is illegal, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, harassing, threatening or a violation of copyright. SMF admin and moderators have the right to remove, edit, move or lock any material on this site for any reason at any time.
- The User Guidelines is a live document and will be modified periodically as required in order to best suit our forum’s ever changing needs.
If you agree to the rules above, please continue with your registration. Welcome to SMF and please enjoy your time here!