Yep, I smoked a chuckie too!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meatball

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 6, 2009
Gainesville, FL
Funny, seems like chuck roasts were being smoked everywhere this weekend. This was my first try at smoking it. I just rubbed the meat with EVOO and sprinkled on some Alpine Touch seasoning from Montana that I got in an exchange with TasunkaWitko - man, that stuff is great on beef! I smoked it at 225* and it took about five hours - it was big (5.25 lbs) and had the bones in. Next time, I'll let it rest in the cooler to make the pulling a little easier, but we were hungry, so we just had at it. Only finished pics:

As you can see, my five-year-old couldn't wait to dig in (that's her little hand). We served it with Curley's BBQ sauce (smoky flavor) and some roasted potatoes, squash and onions plus salad.

Quite yummy...

Thanks for peeking!

Looks great! I just had to give you
points.gif
for that one.

You're right, it was a chukie weekend, and you certainly kept up the quality. Great looking chuck and your plated meal was excellent. Thank you much for posting and giving us hunger pangs!

Very pretty dinner, and points for that!

man I guess chuckies are going around this site but that is for sure one of the better one I have seen. Great job and did your daughter like the squesh and potatoes?

Looks great Meatball, chuckies do seem to be the meat of the week...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks for the nice words folks...

She's not crazy about the squash, but she loves potatoes and knows she has to eat the veggies if there are to be any sweet treats after dinner
tongue.gif

Yep, it wasn't bad - $1.99/lb. We got that bad boy for $10 and we'll get two dinners out of it. I had about a pound plus left over that we'll use for something fun...I may have to do one of the Dude's now-famous pizzas or maybe some burritos or enchiladas or nachos...OK I'm hungry again!

Yeah, I didn't notice she was flipping everybody off until I posted the pic
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Great smoke and Q too. Now you're an official chuckster, that's a good thing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky