WSM versus Weber Kettle / Dome

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerseyjoe11

Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Hello Forum, I'm new here and to smoking and I need advice. A friend of mine is suggesting the Big Green Egg as the one to purchase for my first smoker. I like the idea and as Father's Day is approaching, and my wife wanting to buy something for me I would definitely like the BGE. However being new to this game I would like to work my way into smoking and then progress into the BGE.

With that said, I am looking at Weber Smokey Mountain but I am getting advice that I should look at the Weber Dome or Kettle Grill. I have a Weber for grilling so I'm looking for a Smoker. If you could offer some advice on which Weber I can guide my wife into buying me for Father's Day I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Joe:grilling_smilie:

Welcome!!

I have 3 smokers/grill...

18.5 WSM,Medium BGE and an MES.

If you are wanting to do smoking get the WSM...I love my MES too.

Use the search tool up top and have fun!!

Craig

I have a weber kettle grill and the 22.5" WSM smoker. I like them seperate cause sometimes you smoke chicken or something then want to toss it onto a hot grill to get a slight char on the outside right before you serve it. Also the kettle makes a great place to light chimneys of charcoal!

I have the MES40 and LOVE LOVE it. Good luck.
welcome1.gif

Thanks to all for your replies... I think you sold me on the WSM.

Glad to be part of this forum.

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky