WSM probe eyelets (no new holes) for ET-732

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamantste

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 29, 2011
Meridianville, Alabama
Hello folks... I know there are several threads regarding this "mod" but I can't seem to find a definite answer on the use of any kind of eyelet with the ET-732 probes on the WSM. I know the BBQ Guru says that it's eyelets will not work with the 732. I have also seen the "lamp" mod... but would like to avoid adding holes.

So bottom line... Does anyone know of a way replacing the "rack bolts" (not sure of name) with an eyelet large enough to accept the ET-732 probes. I have seen all kinds of alternatives but the bolt replacement would be the ideal solution for me...if it is possible. My 732 should be here soon so I am trying tot figure out exactly what to do with it!

Thanks for any help you can throw out there!

I have read (here) that a few folks have probs getting the wires thru the bolt thingies.

So far I have just run the wires under the lid.

Soon I will use the lamp repair mod.

Have a great day!!

Craig

I saw a mod on another site where somebody used brake line nuts from the auto parts store, they come in a range of sizes, but are not the cheapest things in the world.

I have the BBQ Guru eylets installed and recently upgraded to the ET-732.

With the ET-73, I was able to fit both probes (one at a time) through a single hole.  For the 732, I had to install the second eyelet, as only one can be strung through each hole. Also, the probes will only fit if you round the crimp where the wire meats the probes.  It's probably not recommended by Maverick, but it seems to be working okay for me so far through a half-dozen or so smoking sessions.

Edited to add: I do think it'd be preferable to find a way to re-crimp it, but instead of a single, flat crimp make it a round one.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky