WSG 18" vs 22"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

herkysprings

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Eugene, OR
I'm just wondering if anyone can say how much food items (mixed or matched items) they can put in either one of these per smoke.

I dont do huge amounts of food, maybe 4 fatties max, or 2-3 butts, or 2 briskets, or 3-4 rib racks max at a time.

I'm trying to figure out if going for the bigger one is worth it.

For example on my Bradley, although its a 4 rack, the height of the food could deligate whether or not I could do 2-3 butts, as 1 butt might take up 2 racks height. I would also have to rotate the racks to even out the cooking (top racks would cook slower, bottom racks might cook too fast.)

Thanks for the input.

You can basicaly do twice as much with 22 inch.The one i have used is a fuel HOG compared to 18 inch.If you do big cooks the 22 is enormous and for you..You can easily cook 6 10 pound butts at one time.

I have done on a 18 inch: 4 ten pound butts,2 12 pound briskets, or 8 racks of ribs in holders.The 18 inch is way more economical on fuel costs.

I like both myself.
icon_redface.gif

Awesome thanks! I always want to buy the "bigger" one but probably the 18" would do until I perhapse one day I graduate to something ever bigger.

I always wanted to build an in ground bbq pit, I'd probably need a house first tho. :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky