working with what i have.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tastywilbur83

Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
indianapolis
This is the char griller that I used to smoke stuff with. I don't have a sfb for it due to space restrictions so I've got a small kettle style grill that I stick inside. It's not pretty but I've managed to get the temps and burn time I need using the minion method. It's works quite well actually. I still need to seal this thing up but for now its works. Now, here's some qview.

Very creative!...JJ

Thanks guys. I do have plans to get a sfb(once I have the space) and turn this thing into a reverse flow smoker. There's nothing like throwing some meat on and cracking open a cold one. It's therapy, really.

We all work with what we have.  Or had.

Actually it was a gas grill of all things that got me into this smoking bit about 35 years ago?

Yeah, the indirect heat method on the useless gas grill, then trying that on the Weber kettle.

That led to my first ECB.

View media item 145260
I have been hooked ever since!  Over time the tools change.  The method is basic.

Smoke on my friend!  Use what you have and move forward as you can.  It doesn't have to be all that complicated!

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky