Wife Says.....We Need Pepperoni

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Ok SWMBO

She

Who

Must

Be

Obeyed

HA
wife.gif

Got my pepperoni mix ready for 5 lbs

af1e42d1_DSC02086.jpg

Mix all dry with the water.

542b8338_DSC02087.jpg

Here is 4 Tbs buckwheat flour for the binder. Mix good with a whisk to remove clumping.

4b5b5399_DSC02088.jpg

5 lbs of 80/20 GB.....Yup its porkless

df2e3572_DSC02089.jpg

Phone rings......SWMBO is calling.

My brother and his wife are going to come over......CR@PPERS

My pepperoni mix will have to go to the fridge.

6415ba8f_DSC02091.jpg

See ya tomorrow with it.

I am going to follow this closely, because I want to make some pepperoni too, but have never done it.

Company ruined my sausage train of thought
help.gif

Stuffed and ready. 32mm collagen which can be peeled if needed.

e2943682_DSC02099.jpg

In the 6 rack. 130 for 1.5 hours, no smoke.

5aa11d79_DSC02100.jpg

AMZNPS being fired up.

298bba7e_DSC02101.jpg

Not to many pellets because i dont want the smoke to over power the pepperoni.

56ffe208_DSC02102.jpg

I've always used hog casings; what are the advantages of the collagen casings?  Just from looking, I definitely see they are straight as a string, not like hog casings which naturally loop.  Do they stuff as easily?  Any breakage?  How long will they last in storage?  Are they also salted?

Nepas, would you mind posting the exact recipe, or would you PM me with it?

The pepperoni recipe I have seems quite a bit different than yours.

I've always used hog casings; what are the advantages of the collagen casings?  Just from looking, I definitely see they are straight as a string, not like hog casings which naturally loop.  Do they stuff as easily?  Any breakage?  How long will they last in storage?  Are they also salted?

Normally i hang my sausage smokes but this time i wanted them without the top rod bend.

Collagen are made from cattle protein non salted like natural casings are. Easy to stuff and will blow out if over stuffed. The casings will peel easy from the meat unless you have protein lined collagen casings. They will keep indefinite under vac packing. No soaking required. You can get collagen in clear, smoked or mahogany color and even vegitarian casings.

Nepas, would you mind posting the exact recipe, or would you PM me with it?

The pepperoni recipe I have seems quite a bit different than yours.

Al

I will get it together for you.

My main mix i put in a grinder to break up the anise and fennel.

Man-O-Man

The AMZNPS & original AMZNS work so easy even a 

ad6b95f8_geico_caveman_183px_183px.jpg

Can use it.

laugh1.gif

AMZNPS/Bradley smoked pepperoni.

7299dd26_DSC02104.jpg

Nepas,

Can you send it to me too???

Or maybe you could just post it, since so many want it?

Just so I get it, because my Pepperoni recipe from Morton's is more like my Beef Sticks than Pepperoni.

It's good, but it doesn't taste anything like Pepperoni, which is why it never made it to my Step by Steps.  
biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky