Who's cooking Q 9/22-9/23

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fatback joe

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 13, 2007
Hampden, MA
Who's cooking what this weekend?

Saturday - nothing, coaching kids baseball

Sunday - Brisket and ribs - - - going to give this Okie thing a try (well sear anyhow) and see what all the fuss is about.

How about the rest of you?

PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

I'm making my first attempt tomorrow. CS ribs 3-2-1, a fatty, turkey legs and some ABT's. Any advice before I get started? One concern I have is how much wood (I'm using chips) should I use. I don't want to get to much smoke. BTW this forum is great.

Ray

Saturday - fix the wife's Jeep

Sunday - ribs, fatty s, abt s and beans...

If you are using chips you can start with a small amount and then add to get the amount of smoke you want. Remember you want it thin and blue, not white and billowy.
General tips, use a good thermometer for the meat and the smoker, try to keep your temperature steady at 225-250.
Brine the turkey legs overnight or at least for a few hours.

Have fun!

Thats a great example!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I'm gonna be starting with a chuck roast, cross rib roast, and then grilling a london broil tomorrow. Just to get the weekend started of course.

I'm giving it a go today, also a first try (although I did a tri-tip last weekend before I found this site and realized I had no idea what the heck I was doing).

On the menu for today:
1 slab pork spares
some chicken (ends up being about a chicken and a half I think)
2 fatties (1 hot stuffed with cheese and onions, 1 maple rolled in rub)

Wish me luck!

The stupid roast weighted less than 3 lbs when it went on, now it hit the "plateau". Been at 157* for the last 1 1/2 hrs. I need to go mow the grass. Wasting time waiting for it to hit 160*

got grandkids this weekend..........was going to do the butt i got the otherday........but will save that for next weekend........Sunday.........Pork Loin............i have had inn the freezer for abit .......with Dutch;s beans (going to add some of the drippings that i save from the brisket from last weekend..........

Wd

Have 2 butts going now...my first attempt also( using Meoweys method) for pulled pork sammies tomorrow!! in the smoker at 7am..wraped in foil at 160*(12pm) and into a 250* oven to hit 200*..then wrap in towels in a cooler for a few hours! Smells good in here!! Made a batch of SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce for when I pull my butts!LOL That sauce is awsome! Will give update on the smoke!!!

CHDOLFNZ WE ARE....PENN STATE!!!!

Thanks for the pic FBJ, always wondering what TBS actually looks like according to the experts here. Looks like I've been in the ball park all along.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky