Whole Hog pork score

Discussion in 'Pork' started by pops6927, May 20, 2009.

1. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Had a customer come in yesterday, and in conversation he brought up he was from Graham Texas and the big problem they're having with wild pigs there. I grinned and told him I wished I had that problem, I was a former meatcutter and they'd be strings of sausage instead of footloose. Well, his problem is not knowing what to do with them once he kills them... a coalition was formed! He'll kill, gut, skin and quarter a 100-120lb. sow, remove the head and hooves and bring it to me in a large cooler. I'll cut it up , make sausage, etc. and we'll split the meat as my payment! Sows only, no boars.
    I also gave him the SMF address and urged him to get on and join, he's got an offset smoker.

2. gnubee

gnubee Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yahoo good for you! I know that all that extra sausage is going to become a huge storage problem for you so maybe I should send you my snail mail address for where to send the excess..... do ya think? [​IMG]

And Kudos for recruiting new members at the same time. [​IMG]

3. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You can't beat a deal like that! That's some good pork, you just may need a bit more fat to add to the sausage. Good score.

4. bigbaldbbq

bigbaldbbq Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Well I will have to give you my address so so share!...haha Great score!

5. grothe

grothe Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great score Pops.....will be lookin forward to you're wild pig sausage post!!

6. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Congrats sounds like a great deal for both of you!!

7. lcruzen

lcruzen Master of the Pit OTBS Member

We're waiting for pics!

8. scubadoo97

scubadoo97 Smoking Fanatic

Hog heaven. Literally

Can't wait to see some pics

9. billbo

billbo Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Sounds like a match made in heaven!

10. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now, that's a deal.

11. isutroutbum

isutroutbum Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Wow - good luck you! What a great opportunity. Thanks for sharing!!

Best,
    Trout

12. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Congratulations Pops, that's a deal we all wish we could have. Part of the benefits of living out where you are, aren't they? Good for you! Can you take a haunch o' wild pig and barbecue it, or are they only good for sausage? I'm thinking PPB from that wild stuff.

[​IMG]

13. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Oh there's definitely some whole butt Q'in' in the picture, that's for sure!

14. old poi dog

old poi dog Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That is one great Deal. Keep us posted and updated with pictures.....

15. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

way ta go pops keep us informed please

16. mgwerks

mgwerks Smoking Fanatic

Y know, Pops, if you get too buried in all that wild sow, I have a truck and ice chests, and I can bail you out...

[​IMG]

17. scubadoo97

scubadoo97 Smoking Fanatic

18. okie joe

okie joe Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Whole hog sausage man that is the ticket....good score,,,, know a few hunters in texas they are over run with wild hogs...help a hunter out...good trade....

19. jjrokkett

jjrokkett Meat Mopper

You just had to take it over the top...! I need a bigger place if I'm going to have all these toys![​IMG]