Who wants to do something in Central Illinois?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bman62526

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Decatur, IL
Hey all...I'm just putting the feelers out there for those of us in The Land of Lincoln.

Anyone interested in a late Summer / Early Fall Central IL Gathering?!?

It would be great to actually MEET some of you fine folks, and sample eachother's handy-work on the Que!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Any interest? Who do we have that's within a few hours of Decatur?!?

I would be willing to travel too, of course, if the general opinion is that it should be upstate / downstate, etc...

I guess the point is, if there is any interest in an Illinois Gathering - let me know either on this thread or PM me.

Im not too far north of Decatur, maybe an hour from Bloomington. I may be interested baed on date/schedule.

OK - I'll wait and see about the response, and then I'll just throw some dates out for say....late Sept. / early Oct. and we'll go from there!

I go that far just to rescue dogs, wouldn't be a big deal for me either.

What about the State Fair Grounds in Springfield?

Hmmm - no idea. Is that even possible? I mean, to hold a personal even there?

If the response to this idea isn't overwhelming - I could host at my house. Otherwise, I could host here in Decatur at one of our MANY parks. We have tons of them, and it wouldn't cost anything. I will look into the Springfield idea, though...thanks!

Damn, Rick! I knew about that comp, and I would have loved attending just to say hello and see how they do it over there - but we have a wedding reception in Springfield that day.

Well - I guess it might be getting too close to cold weather for some, but I'd still be willing to travel an hour or so in any direction if a group of us end up deciding to do this. If not - I'll try and organize something in the Spring.

I'm still into this!!

When I went to the state fair a few years back I saw tons of picnic tables and what looked like camp grounds inside the park, so that's why I suggested it...

PICK ANY PARK, and i'm in....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky