white perch...biggun's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerkyaddict

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 13, 2008
new jersey
hey guy's and gal's i got a few 2lb sized white perch and i'm lookin for something a lil differed from the brown sugared and or herbelized norm
if anyone has anything new or different please share as i would love to try
a different or perhaps even odd type trial smoke ??

well i guess i picked too boring a fish ??? lol i just got a box of alderwood
from Heapomeat......cant wait to try that out maybe on these lil bugger's
i may get to do them saturday-pending weather and what time mama's
picnic shoulder finishes up , but i will keep this going to use if for nothing
else a simple amusement on a new smoke
icon_smile.gif

i dont know a thing about white perch but i do smoke some pretty tasty rockfish

i wrap the fillet in bacon and place fillet into a preheated smoker and i have the smoke rolling at a temp of around 250 i smoke for 30-45 min when bacon is done the fish is done

salmon when you say " rockfish " would that be the same as our jersey shore striped bass ? cause i know south of us they call them rock fish and rock bass ?? either way your rec. sounds pretty good i might just try that...after i try the brine whitecloud's gonna share...thanking you !!

This is one that I've come up with, to try on any new fish I haven't smoked. Rub fish with olive oil, and sprinkle with this rub.

2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp white pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp ground oregano
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp dried ground sage
2 tsp dried ground rosemary

This is my standby for fish or chicken ... smoked over apple or oak. Hickory leaves an odd taste on the fish.
db072499_vbattach17986.jpg

483f27aa_vbattach17987.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky