Whereto Get Large Bucket for Brining Turkey?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Just a quick update for everyone, I found out today that Firehouse Subs sells recycled five-gallon pickle buckets for only $2 each. All proceeds benefit Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation. So if you have a Firehouse Subs in your area, you can get a food grade bucket very cheap and you can help out a good cause.
Yeah I forgot about them.

Happy smoken.

David

I found big 20 gallon Zip-loc bags sold in the storage section of my local big box store. I put my 20+ lb. turkey and the brine inside the zip-loc, then put the sealed bag in an ice chest. Surround the bag with 10-20 lbs. of ice - it will keep it cold without diluting your brine or getting your ice chest dirty.

Just a quick update for everyone, I found out today that Firehouse Subs sells recycled five-gallon pickle buckets for only $2 each. All proceeds benefit Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation. So if you have a Firehouse Subs in your area, you can get a food grade bucket very cheap and you can help out a good cause.

Pickle doesn't usually come out of plastic too well. I would put some water in it for a while and make sure it doesn't taste like puckle.

Most Chinese restaurants have 5 gallon soy sauce buckets

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky