Where's the wood supply in Augusta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't been to GA since 1969, but they must have orchards all over the place, and trim their trees annually.

"Georgia Peach" can't be just referring to the Women.

Bear

I asked on three different FB BBQ groups and got no response, I have switched my mission to just finding pecans 
icon_eek.gif

Do you just need flavor wood for your smoker? If so (I see you are a fisherman, assuming so from your profile), there are all sorts of desirable flavoring woods growing wild in your area that you can gather from your boat along the Savannah River. Pecan, white and red oak, hickory, just to name a few. Commercially there is peach and pecan. And cherry is common as an ornamental.

If you cook with wood instead of charcoal, there are hoards of firewood sellers on Craigslist. Just go to the Augusta CL and search "fire wood". I think you'll be shocked at how many listings there are. And I'm sure there are some who know the difference between white and red oak, pecan and hickory.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky