Wheres the Beef?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

drunken cricket

Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
I just recently moved to Evansville, IN and have been checking out all the BBQ joints in the area and I have NOT been impressed! I like to go out and try different places to give me ideas to use at home in my own smoker, but this town really leaves a lot to be desired!
icon_rolleyes.gif

One thing I've noticed is most of the places down here don't offer Beef BBQ, they are all pork, chx, turkey, etc...

Anyone know why this is? Is beef just too expensive?
confused.gif

I won't even go into how all the places down here use store bought BBQ sauces (baby rays, etc...)... BLAH!

Oh, and forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section...

Hey cricket, not much beef around town here. Most Que joints are chain stores (blah). I think my favorite is Landmark BBQ on Broadway. Looks like a hole in the wall place, but I love it. They use some kind of thin non-tomato based sauce that I have never seen duplicated. BBQ shack on N 1st Ave is also decent and they have brisket. A guy who has been competing in memphis style que actually opened the joint. Hope that helps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky