Where to get wood chunks Palm Harbor, FL area

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokincigars

Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
We're gonna be vacationing in Crystal Beach here soon,
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif
and I was hoping to find a good place around there to get wood chunks. Looking for cherry and apple, or if nothing else at least some hickory. I believe Palm Harbor and Tarpon Springs are the nearest "cities"...?

Any help appreciated!

I used to live in the Tampa area. First place to check would be Publix, which is all over the place, check near the BBQ supplies. Our Publix sells Mesquite and Hickory chunks and chips and for pretty reasonable prices. Not sure about Palm Harbor, but you might want to check if there is a Pinch-a-Penny pool store (or call some pool supply stores). A lot of the pool supply stores sell BBQ supplies too and might have chunks. Not sure if you will have any luck finding apple or cherry, I haven't seen it sold in stores in Florida. Usually only Mesquite and Hickory. But, maybe I just haven't gotten lucky yet.

good luck. Florida will have Mesquite and Hickory and if you find a specialty store, maybe some others. Apple, pecan, cherry will be hard to find in a store. Do as I do, while driving around, if I see someone working on a tree or limbs laying on the grounds, check it out. I get alot of my Pecan that way.
Wal-Marts carry the Mesquite and Hickory too.

Not sure they have Ace hardware stores there, but if they do, i get apple and maple chunks there.....Good luck

Wow...totally jealous of you guys, you can't find anything but hickory and mesquite around here. I'll be in Tampa for 4th weekend, maybe I'll pay a visit to that All About Grills place, sounds fun.

Meatball hit the Gander Mountain just north of Ocala just off I-75 the last time I was there they had apple, cherry, maple, mesquite, and hickory

sweet...I'll definitely hit there on the way down or back up. I've been wanting to go there anyway, now I have a true excuse.

I have some pecan in my stash, no cherry, but may be able to hunt some down. But, I've really been after some apple for pork smokes just 'cause I've heard good things and it's always fun to try something different.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky