Where to buy bulk aluminum dishes?

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by flyfishjeep, Jul 8, 2010.

1. flyfishjeep

flyfishjeep Smoking Fanatic

I hate going to the grocery store and spending $2-$3 per container just to make a batch of beans or to put the meat in once it's resting.

I saw on somebody's Qview that they had a bulk pack of these tins.  Where do you guys/gals get them from?

Do you get them from a local supplier or is there a website that sells this stuff?

Thanks,

flyfishjeep

2. smokey paul

smokey paul Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

HI we go to SAM's or Costco to get our pans they have usually 2 different sizes i get the small.

I have seen them at Big Lots but the $$$ is way out of site,,,We get 24-30 for about 10.00 i think. The wife buys them LOL

Maybe on the internet at Sam's or Costco???

Good smoking...

3. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

If you're talking about the throw-away foil pans, we have a discount kitchen supply store here. Depending on the sizes, I buy them anywhere from 35 cents to 59 cents each, if I buy at least 10 of a size. One at a time might be 49 cents to 74 cents each. Lids are separate.

Bearcarver

4. shtrdave

shtrdave Smoking Fanatic

5. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You should find what you're looking for at just about any restaurant supply. You can find them in bulk for sale on the internet, but what you end up paying for shipping doesn't really save you anything unless you find a seller that is offering free shipping.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  6. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

I have been getting them at the dollar store. 

7. smokey2569

smokey2569 Smoke Blower

I was buying them at the supermarket for close to a $1 each. I then realized that BJs has the same size I buy at the supermarket in a package of 30 I think. They are about $8 for the package. Thats about $.25 each.

They are not the full buffet trays, but the half ones. They are perfect size for 1 batch of Dutch's Beans if that helps you gauge the size.

8. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Restaurant depot sells them in cases

9. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

I get them at Sams Club just got some the other day

10. cricky101

cricky101 Smoke Blower

Me too. Usually a two-pack (depending on size) for $1. Not the greatest deal out there, but definitely cheaper than buying them at the grocery store. Last time I did that it was close to $3 for a two-pack of "bean-sized" pans.

11. flyfishjeep

Thanks everyone for the tips!

I don't belong to sam's (probably will change that), but I think I could find a restraunt supply store in Knoxville somewhere. 

Thanks again![​IMG]

12. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Resteraunt supply is where I get mine.

13. memphisbud

memphisbud Smoke Blower

Me also....half size aluminum chaffing dishes...qty. 30, price, <$10...go through about 50 a year.

14. fftwarren

fftwarren Smoking Fanatic

Why not hit up the restaurant supply and do a one time buy of some buffet pans and what not and just wash them. You'd have good quality stuff that would last forever and problem solved

15. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Any restaurant supply will have Stainless Steam pans in many sizes. Once you dump a pan of beans you will appreciate this tip. They clean up with dollar store oven cleaner real well. They are not expensive at all. The one in the pic will hold two large pork loins and was about 15.00 +- well worth the money. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. shtrdave

shtrdave Smoking Fanatic

Much better buy if they have the sizes you want, you can wrap the outside with foil to help with cleanup.

17. flyfishjeep

I dumped the beans the time before last!  I went to the store and bought a dish that had the metal handls around the outside. 

I carried it inside like it was my first born!

I think you're right about getting the s.s pans.  It would be easier than throwing something away after 1 use.

Thanks!

18. I put the aluminum chaffing dishes inside the ss dish, less clean up and is strong  [​IMG]

19. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I buy the large rolls of foil and line the chafer pans with foil and fold over the outside - almost no cleanup afterwards

20. tank

tank Smoke Blower

I bought a pack of 30 at SAMs for 8 dollars.