Ok so I discovered a "problem" with my converted commercial oven for a smoker. Last time I smoked cheese I blamed myself/or the heat controller/or just plain bad luck for the cheese overheating and melting (or partially melting) the cheese. I smoked some yesterday again and it heated to 97° when I had the heat controller set to 85° so this time I blamed the "cold" smoke generator for adding a small amount of heat that was too much. Today to experiment I disconnected the heat source entirely (unplugged the element right at the element), did not add any smoke, simply had the circulation fan running in the oven, started out at 61° and 3 hours later it was up to 97° again. It has 1/2 hp motor that is mounted outside the oven for the fan---with a 1/2 inch airgap between motor and oven, (makes sense that if the oven is at 350° or whatever it can't overheat the motor)---the label on the oven is marked 8 amps--about right for 1/2 hp. I have my thoughts where it coming from --- want to hear yours.