where can I buy wood chunks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokebloke

Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Besides the two types that are usually available at big box stores (hickory and Mesquite), can anyone suggest a source online or anywhere else I can look even locally?

Keith

Hey Bloke...

If you have an Ace or True Value / Do it Best hardware store, they have one of the best seasonal displays of smokers, wood chunks, grills, accessories, etc, etc. Check them out.

Online, google "smoking wood chunks", and i got this:

Results 1 - 10 of about 142,000 for smoking wood chunks. (0.13 seconds). There's some reading for you!

Also, if you can keep an eye on craig's list, there is always wood in my area that you can pick up on the cheap...Earlier this year, I got this truck load of apple for free! That's the right price!

Not sure where you are located.
In the Kansas City area check out the Ace Hardware stores.
They have chips and chunks at a good price. Surprising selection.
I stock up when I visit.

I have seen apple at lowe's and some differant woods ay Home depot. If your going online jeff has several here at the store. You know support the site and get wood great idea.

if you send DESERTLITES a PM, he might be able to hook you up with a very good deal on some alder. he sent some to me for the cost of psotage and i can't wait to try it ~

I think you guys are reading it wrong.
It's $1.50 per pound, so a 5lb. bag is $7.50

Actually the Gander Mountain here has a great selection of wood chunks. Cabelas is another place you may want to look. But up here it is a seasonal item. Haven't been in there in awhile but I am guessing right now there isn't much of a selection.

$1.50 a lb. That would be $45.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Any specialty shop that sells wood stoves, pellet stoves, etc. usually carries chunk wood as well, but be prepared to pay a premium. Where exactly are you located?

I have 3/4 of a pear tree cut this past summer, a apple and peach to be cut mid february. Pounds  are unknown a could cut in given lengths. I am in central Illinois in St.Louis area. Make offer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky