What's Your Food Smoking Bucket List?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh man I think I need to add a Crown Roast to my list!

I wouldn't mind doing a beef standing rib roast that way but I will likely start with a pork or lamb rib roast to figure it out :)
233258.jpg
dbsb0094_fpnrk200_dsc04485_b.jpg

Things I have smoked that would have been on a bucket list if I had one (not sure if I can remember everything).
1. Beef: tri tip, brisket, brisket point, cross rib roast, chuck roast (smoked, then prepared and wrapped Mexican style, Cuban style, Texas style, faux burnt ends, smoked then shredded, Pepper Stout, Coca Cola style, wine braised), short ribs, beef spare ribs, bottom round (jerky), and ground chuck burgers.
2. Poultry: whole chickens and turkeys, parted chicken and turkeys (including boneless)(including wings, quarters, legs, split breasts), necks and gizzards (not the liver).
3. Pork: spare ribs (favorite), baby back ribs (rarely), loins, sirloins, tenderloins, Cabackian bacon, buckboard bacon, butts (bone-in and boneless), picnics, loin chops, Country Spare Ribs (aka CSRs), and double smoked hams.
4. Combination of ground meats; meat loaf prepared several different ways using beef, pork, and turkey, meat balls (same beef/pork/turkey or just beef/pork), franks, and sausages.
5. Veggies and nuts: asparagus, corn, russets, onions/carrots/potatoes/garlic (separately and together), almonds (Asian, BBQ, beefy, chili lime, honey/maple, maple cinnamon, salt and vinegar), pecans, walnuts (didn't like 'em), cauliflower, squash (several types), and broccoli.
6. Fish: shrimp and salmon (we're not big fish eaters), smoked shrimp/grits (smoke was overpowering)
7. Misc: pizza, bread, beans (several different styles), and mac n' cheese.

Remaining on bucket list.
1. Beef: prime rib (I've grill smoked them, but not on my WSM), beef clod, pastrami, and oxtail.
2. Poultry: any game bird.
3. Pork: suckling and whole pig (would like to build a cinder block pit to do it)
4. Ground meat: make my own sausages.
5. Fish: swordfish, shark.
6. Cold: smoked cheese, lox.

Man noboundries not a whole lot left on the list lol.
I should be doing some Salmon Lox tomorrow or the day after.

I would love some suckling pig as well. If I can shoot a little 20 pound I'm all over it :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky