What's so great about the Blackstone griddle?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just looked at the Big Johns. Great looking product and probably last a lifetime. To rich for my blood for what I intend to use it for. If I was in the catering business then it would probably be worth the investment. For the weekend warrior, I think the Blackstone or Camp Chef will work fine. The pros of champ chef are the grease drain is better designed and each burner has it's own igniter. The only issue is it doesn't fold.

Blackstone is $50 less expensive than the Camp Chef, it folds up easily and I can spend my Cabala's points if they will price match the local Walmart. Just need to organize the garage better to hide it from my wife... 

I just looked at the Big Johns. Great looking product and probably last a lifetime. To rich for my blood for what I intend to use it for. If I was in the catering business then it would probably be worth the investment. For the weekend warrior, I think the Blackstone or Camp Chef will work fine. The pros of champ chef are the grease drain is better designed and each burner has it's own igniter. The only issue is it doesn't fold.

Blackstone is $50 less expensive than the Camp Chef, it folds up easily and I can spend my Cabala's points if they will price match the local Walmart. Just need to organize the garage better to hide it from my wife... 
I agree the Blackstone and Camp Chef will be fine in most applications but probably not mine. I'm more than a casual user but not into full blown catering either. I'm rather certain I will buy the Big Johns but pass on their table at almost $300 and just buy the griddle. There are plenty tables available to set the griddle on for much cheaper. Once it's in place I don't see the need to roll it around. Another feature I missed until the other day on the Big Johns is underneath the griddle is a food warming area big enough to put 2 half or one full size steam table pan to keep food warm. Always nice to have another option for keeping food warm when doing a big cook.

If Cabelas won't price match the Blackstone I'd go the link I provided and get the Camp Chef at $299 with the free shipping. With that being said I wouldn't consider each burner having it's own igniter an advantage. Those things usually quict working before long and your using a matchstick anyhow. One igniter than the other burners lighting off the first one is a better set up in my opinion.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky