What's for dinner this Easter?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alblancher

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 6, 2009
Louisiana
We decided not to do a fancy sit down meal so I'm firing up the smoker and fryer!

Fried Turkey

Smoked Ham

Spares

ABTS

Pork Shots

Smoked Mac and Cheese

Sweet Potato Casserole

Strawberry Cake

What's on your menu??

Sounds better than any sit down dinner!! I'll be at the in-laws' place. She usually makes lamb, which I've always found a little ironic. It's always delicious, however.

We decided not to do a fancy sit down meal so I'm firing up the smoker and fryer!

Fried Turkey

Smoked Ham

Spares

ABTS

Pork Shots

Smoked Mac and Cheese

Sweet Potato Casserole

Strawberry Cake

What's on your menu??
 Think I might have; Fried Turkey, smoked Ham, spares, ABTs, Pork shots, smoked Mac & Cheese, sweet potato casserole, and strawberry cake.  

Now what did you say your address was........?? <Chuckles>

I'm smoking a bone-in brined pork roast stuffed with peppers, onions, garlic, bacon and blue cheese and some cheese stuffed sausage meatballs, wrapped in bacon... The unsmoked food will include prime rib (I know I know I should smoke it but I'm cooking to the crowd), chicken francese, Spaghetti with Sunday Gravy (which includes spare ribs, meatballs, hot and sweet Italian sausage, beef shanks, and veal shoulder), roasted asparagus, mashed potatoes, and a salad with feta, Craisins, and homemade sweet and spicy pecans. Glad I have off this week... I'm going to be busy.

I hope too have a great ham that I am curing right now. Beans, mac n cheese, homemade bread.

hey" work"did you finally get your sunday gravy like grandma yet? caus if you didn't, what your

making  now sounds great.

These meals all sound so fabulous!

I'm starting with raw oysters and raw clams...

And then for the main course am making Steak Tartare, with New Zealand Grass Fed Ribeye & New York Strip cuts...

And then the meat's fat is trimmed and seared & chopped and then put into a side of black rice, as "cracklings," and with smoked mango and chopped fresh chives. (And lots of wine paired with it).

For an "after-tizer" I'm serving some spicy smoked strawberries, with raw chopped elephant garlic, olive oil, cayenne pepper and sea salt on them; and then coffee.

Happy Easter shopping & prep work to all!!!!!

Cheers!!! - Leah

OH well we have

Turkey

Ham

Potatoes

Vegetables

The wife will not me smoke any of it.  Not even brine the turkey.  But life goes on.

help.gif

Doin up a brown sugar ham and a dark chocolate cheesecake. Everything else is potluck, so we'll see what we get. I have given people general guidlines(salad, vegetable, bread/buns, and potatoe/starch dish)

Also just happen to have some Lonzino and smoked cheeses that are ready for appys....

Last edited:
Easter and Chritmas Eve is the only time I stay away from the kitchen.Always over 30 of my wifes family here.My wife her 5 sisters and mother all in the kitchen at the same time keeps me on the patio in the hammock with a bottle of Chivas and bucket of ice.7 women speaking spainish 100 miles a hour with 7 differant conversations at once my mind goes AWOL.

Dan

At RD $2.45 lb in the sack.   No crawfish for Good Friday this year.  At those prices the rich people can have them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky