What to Do, What to Do

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Sunday I did some 3-2-1 ribs, my Wicked Baked Beans and some ABT's and some stuffed yellow banana peppers. My Bride had picked up the jalapeno and yellow peppers for me so I had to use what she brought home. Let me tell you-them yeller peppers were the large diameter size and no way would they fit in my pepper stand and I haven't yet bought the expanded metal to make a large pepper rack. So my dilemma of 'What to Do'!! :shock: While rummaging around through the cupboards I came across as 9 X 13 aluminum foil pan that was 2 1/2 deep. I turned the pan upside down and proceeded to cut a dozen X's into the bottom of the pan using a utility knife and a pair of scissors. I made the first cut with the knife and the second and third cut with the scissors cutting from the center of the fist cut out. I made each "\-/" of the X about 1 1/2 inches long and then very carfully folded back the four triangles. I stuffed my yeller peppers with sausage breakfast links and cheese and topped each with bacon held in place with a toothpick. My stuffed peppers where then placed into an opening and into the smoker they went. I was going to post some pix's of my contraption but my dang daughter threw it away! :x Oh well, there's always next time!! :D

Hi Earl D,
Those peppers sound like something I'd like to try out.

Could you please post the recipe here for us.

Also your contraption sounded like a real hoot, but it worked and thats all that matters.

Thanks,
Georgepat

Georgepat-there is no real recipe for ABT's. They are peppers-usually jalapeno stuffed with some kind of meat and cheese and topped with a slice of bacon. If there was a "traditional" recipe I guess it would be sausage and cheese, but I've also had ABT's that have been stuffed with diced shrimp and cream cheese. You're basically limited by your imagination and willingness to experiment. Here is the ABT's link from the Vegetable Forum. I hope this gives you some food for thought. :P

Enjoy!!

Did it look anything like this:

or this:

veg20zr.jpg

You can also use the pan right-side-up:

dlgdqv6ax.jpg

On some cookers you don't need anything but a skewer:

jala4fq.jpg

I remember one 4th of July when I had a large crowd coming over and only a 12 hole pepper grill .... it took me days to come up with a solution. Since then folks have gotten very inventive.

Bob, my pan was a little deep but yeah, that's what it looked like!!!

You know what they say-"All great minds think alike!!" :P :D

I'll not take credit for the above pictures because they're borrowed from friends on another forum. But I do enjoy ABTs a lot and often.
wink.gif
you can see some of my endeavors on my website if you like though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky